Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Yosemite: Getting from Yosemite Valley to the trail head.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bradley C
    Participant

Hey Everyone! I am planning a 2 night trip in Yosemite which includes Half Dome September 5-7. The starting trail head that I got was Mono Meadow. I want to start at Mono Meadow and end in Yosemite Valley at Happy Isles. We are going to stay in the backpackers campground in Yosemite Valley the night before the trip, and I am having trouble finding a way to get to the Mono Meadow trailhead. Does anybody have any suggestions? I know I could probably hitch a ride, but with the current state of things, I can’t rely on that. I don’t want to bring two cars. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Wow, this is a tough one! Where are you planning to camp the first night? The shuttle is not running this year in Yosemite, so there are no public transportation options.

My only suggestion would be to consider hiking up the Four-Mile Trail to Glacier Point, and then hiking up the Illilouetee to your first night camp.

Bradley C
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback. We have some friends that ended up getting the same permits that we have and are going to meet us in Yosemite, so we will have two cars! Awesome how things worked out! I will let you know how the trip went!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.