Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Where to go in from North to South…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Isabelle Paille
    Participant

Considering I have 14 walking days to my calendar, and that I want to end at Mount Whitney. I was thinking of entering at Vermillion Valley Resort. Is this at all possible? Where do I get the permit from if it is?

Many many thanks in advance 😉

Isabelle and Michael.

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Isabelle, you could certainly enter there. Logistics may be a little tricky if you’re driving to the trailhead, as VVR is on the west side and Whitney Portal is on the east side.

To get a permit, you apply with the governing agency for your entry trailhead. For VVR, that would be the Sierra National Forest. Here’s a link for more info.

Isabelle Paille
    Participant

Oh thanks for that info Jeff! We managed to have a permit from tolumne meadows entering on juky 7th. We sent yesterday also application to enter from vermillion. Quick question of a neophyte, if we plan to go from and to by public transit, is the east and west side thig less of a burden? Is it hard to get to and from trealheads? We’s plan to arrive in sfo and depart from vegas. Does that sound feasable?

Many many thanks!

Isabelle

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

The east side is pretty easy, since it takes you right out to Highway 395. The west side I’m less certain of… unless you’re entering via Yosemite (which it sounds like you are, right?).

Yosemite is served by a number of shuttles that can get you to the valley and Tuolumne Meadows.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.