Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Where to eat after bagging a six pack peak

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Richard M
    Participant

Any time I go hiking with friends, we inevitably start talking about food. Eventually we decide on a place to go afterwards to ruin the work out we just had. I am from San Diego, so I am not real familiar with the areas surrounding Baldy, San Jacinto, etc. Does anyone have any places they like to go after a big hike? Something better that McDonald’s that may even have a liquor license???

Joseph
    Participant

Mt. Baldy Lodge for Baldy and Cucamonga if you’re starving after the hike. 15 minutes down the mountain is everything you can think of. Hit Slater’s 50/50 in Rancho for the best burger you’ve ever eaten. It’s next to I-15 so it’ll be convenient for ya.

Richard M
    Participant

Ah yes! Slater’s, we have those in SD. That’ll work, thanks! Any other suggestions are welcome, especially hole in the wall places.

Craig W
    Participant

Agree that Baldy Lodge is great. We were there a couple weeks ago. Sometimes we also stop at Kula Sushi in Rancho Cucamonga. If you are headed toward the I-10 from Baldy or Cucamonga, it is located at 9659 Milliken Ave. The sushi comes out on a conveyor belt and the prices are pretty reasonable.

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

For Mt Wilson – I like hitting Golden Road Brewing. It’s not really close to the trailhead, but it is right off I-5 near Griffith Park, so for a lot of people (me included) it’s “on the way home.” Good menu, too.

For Baldy & Cucamonga – check out Dale Bros Brewery. They don’t have a kitchen but they have rotating food trucks (posted on their calendar).

For San Bernardino and San Gorgonio – I like Hangar 24 Brewery in Redlands. Same as above, they don’t have a kitchen but they have food trucks.

And for San Jacinto via Idyllwild, try Arriba’s Mexican Restaurant. They have a great deck out back. Apparently they don’t have a website but it’s not hard to find.

Happy Trails!

Richard M
    Participant

Awesome Jeff, thanks for the links.

Valerie
    Participant

Also near Baldy and Cucamonga is Claremont Craft Ale, and Claremont Village is close by too. Lots of great restaurants to choose from. Heroes is one of my favorites, they tend to have huge portions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.