Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Weekend Trip

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lindsey Aronson
    Participant

howdy!
    looking to do a weekend trip- probably just 1-2 nights in the next few weeks. I am based in Claremont (about 30 miles east of LA) and am looking for something not too far away, either front country or backcountry. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! cheers!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

What kind of distance and vertical gain are you looking for? Have you considered an overnight on Cucamonga Peak? My wife and I did this on Sunday-Monday earlier this week and really enjoyed it. It was cold and windy after the sun went down, but so beautiful. The one caveat is that you’ve got to bring all your water. We each carried 3 liters in our hydration bladders and I carried an additional 2 liters for dinner and breakfast.

Here are a few photos from our Cucamonga Peak trip:

Another favorite spot for overnight trips is San Jacinto. Depending on what you’re after, you can take the tram up or come up from Idyllwild. Lots of options for one or two night trips up there. There *might* be some water at Round Valley since the storms rolled through this week, but otherwise it was dry when I hiked there a few weeks back.

And as a bonus, both of those peaks are part of the Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge. 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.