Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Saving Your Profile & Cover Photo?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christy E
    Participant

Hi! O.K>, I can do fb and Instagram, but for some reason, I can’t “Save” my profile pic & cover pic on my page here! Am I the only one? Help!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Looks like you got it to work, Christy. Any tips on what you did to make it “stick” that you can pass on to others?

christy

Attachments:
    Christy E
    Participant

hahaha! Truth is, I don’t know how I got it to “Stick”! I kept uploading the pic, would go back and they were not there. I gave up, logged out and went back on later that day and they were there! I do remember going on to “Update My Profile”. Last night, I filled out the rest of the info. tell a little bit about yourself, hikes, etc., but then my computer froze! I guess I will try it again. Anyway, I am still learning and the website is pretty cool! Thanks Jeff for responding and creating all of this! Looking forward to our hike tomorrow and hopefully the rain will hold back!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

I suspect what was happening was caching. There are two kinds of caching that can occur, first on your browser, which will cache web pages that you’ve visited so they load faster; and then we also do some caching on the server side (our end) for much the same reason.

The upside to caching is that it helps speed up the site. The downside is that sometimes you don’t “see” recent changes immediately.

Sometimes if you clear your browser cache, it will help with situation #1. On our end, we need to look at tuning the caching settings so stuff that gets updated (like your profile) show the changes pretty much right away.

Thanks for signing up, and thanks for being part of the Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.