Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Please help me find this spot in Coachella Valley CA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Channel Sanderson
    Participant

It was 1978 and I was 12 years old and attending Rancho Mirage Elementary in Southern CA. 36 years ago now. My class went on a camping trip overnight and I think it was in the Coachella Valley off Dillon Rd on the north side somewhere. I was 12 and out of shape so it couldn’t have been too far a hike from the cars to the camping spot.
    The spot we hiked to was in a canyon and had one large fire pit. More importantly, it had a sort of cave with a smallish entrance that led into a long crack in the hill/mountain where you could walk through the hill and see the sky directly above through the crack the whole time. My memory is fuzzy on it but I think someone told me we could walk all the way to Joshua Tree Natl Monument through the crack and that there was some kind of spring on the other side. It was fascinating and I’ve gotten lost running around those hills looking to find it again. No luck. I think I remember typical low desert type foliage. Definitely not pine trees and such.
    If you know this place, please email me [email protected]
    My brothers still don’t believe that it exists and I would love to take my own children there.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.