Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenger’s Forum Permit for Gorgonio Peak

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex D
    Participant

I am having no luck planning my final peak, San Gorgonio. I have submitted multiple permits to the Mill Creek Ranger Station and have been denied, even as far out as Oct. 1st. I have called multiple times at (909)794-1123 and it just rings. I would like to confirm a time before sending the permit application. Any suggestions to make this an easier process?

Thank you, Alex

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Alex,

Be sure to call during office hours. They are closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.

As a word of advice, you’ll always find it easier to get a permit for a weekday (as long as it’s not a holiday).

Also, the updated number on their website is different from the one you’ve been calling. Here’s the skinny:

Office Hours:
    May be closed for lunch between 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
    Monday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
    Tuesday/Wednesday closed
    Thursday, Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
    Saturday, Sunday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
    Call ahead to inquire on the availability of Adventure and Interagency Passes, Wilderness Permits, and Forest Product Permits (909) 382-2882.

iHikerbchbum S
    Participant

Are you faxing it? Usually that’s the easiest form of transmission, and you get a response a lot sooner.

Alex D
    Participant

Yes, I am faxing it but it is one way because it is through my computer. They have to mail back the response. Takes 5-7 days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.