Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Mt. Baldy or Cucamonga on July 1?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lorne C
    Participant

Anyone interested in doing either of these on July 1st? I am planning to start early and would prefer Cucamonga but would do Baldy. I am coming from Orange County if you are interested in Car Pooling.

Daniela M
    Participant

Aww I would but I am going to cucamonga tomorrow early morning. Anyone care to join?I am going with a group. The more the merrier

ISABEL
    Participant

I’m interested in doing Baldy. Have you done it?

Philip Y
    Participant

I’m doing Baldy on Jul 1st. Starting from the Bear Canyon Trail and coming down the Ski Hut Trail. I plan to do Cucamonga Peak from the Middle Fork Trail (approaches Icehouse Saddle from the east) late July.

SUSANA C
    Participant

I am in for Cucamonga.

Cristina Restrepo
    Participant

Anyone from Sylmar, CA

SUSANA C
    Participant

I live in Bakersfield. We can carpool if you’d like.

R W
    Participant

I’d like to try Cucu or Baldy but just getting started peak bagging so not at a fast pace yet or done a lot of long steeps. Did do San Jac this past Sun – first summit. Snow gone btw.

Lorne C
    Participant

I am leaning towards Cucamonga on Saturday. I am a slow hiker. I have done it before and it is a rewarding hike. Advice – bring lots of water as you will need it!! I’ll be packing a 3l hydration bag, a 1 liter Nalgene and possibly some Gatorade bottles as well. Last time I remember coming down the final several miles dry and miserable. I will plan to be at the parking lot at 0600h on Saturday morning. Anyone interested in joining is welcome. If you are in Orange County and want to carpool contact me and we can arrange it separately.

Cristina Restrepo
    Participant

I’m hiking Mount Baldy on 7/12 who wants to join me aand another member.
    We would need to meet there, let me know!!

Lorne C
    Participant

I’ll be at the parking lot tomorrow. Silver BMW 3. I’ll be in a blue long sleeve shirt with bright red pack. Will start shortly after I get there.

Lorne C
    Participant

Thinking to do Baldy in 2 weeks (15/JUL) possibly.

fasdf a
    Participant

I plan to do Cucamonga Peak from the Middle Fork Trail (processes Icehouse Saddle from the east) late July. Read More about it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.