Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Motel near Mt. Wilson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elaine Hirsch
    Participant

My friend and I will be hiking Mt. Wilson Apr. 23 and thinking about spending the night nearby to save some time in the morning. Any suggestions for something INEXPENSIVE?

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

How do you feel about camping? I’m actually going to do this myself next month when I hike Mt Wilson, hiking to Spruce Grove campground (it’s on the trail anyway) in the late afternoon, then breaking camp and heading up to the summit in the morning.

Campsites are free (first-come, first-serve) and there are pit toilets, water in the creek (you’ll need to treat it or boil it), picnic tables and fire rings in most campsites.

As for lodging…

Another possibility is booking a cabin at Sturtevant Camp. It’s also on the trail, and a tad more “civilized” than camping on the ground. Here’s the info: http://sturtevantcamp.com/reservations/

For a hotel, there are a bunch in Arcadia off the 210 freeway (that’s about as close as I’ve seen). The Hilton Garden Inn includes free breakfast.

If you do end up staying in the area, I’d love to get feedback on what you end up doing and how it worked out.

Elaine Hirsch
    Participant

Thanks Jeff for your response…the camping does sound great but this time because I get off work so late on Saturday we decided on a motel but do plan on camping on other hikes as when we do San Gorgonia and/or San Jacinto for sure.

Yes, I’ll keep you posted on what we choose as well as a report on the hike.
    Thanks again,
    Elaine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.