Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Logistics for Kearsarge TH to Crescent Meadow TH

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Douglas P
    Participant

This September I’m driving down from the land of the igloos north of the 49th parallel to hike portions of the JMT I haven’t hiked before. I’m hoping somebody can give me a bit of advice on two issues:
    1) I have a permit for the subject hike and now need to figure out the logistics at the end of the hike at Crescent Meadows TH. We’ll have two cars with one to be spotted at Onion Valley and the other somewhere near Crescent Meadows. Any advice on how to get from Crescent Meadows TH to a long term parking lot reasonably close to Crescent Meadows?
    2) My wife is going on strike unless I can sort out a reliable food drop somewhere between the Tyndall Ranger Station and the Kern Hot Springs. Any advice on which pack outfitter to use and which, if any, to avoid?
    Thank you

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Hey Douglas!

There is a parking lot at the Crescent Meadow TH and as far as I know there are no restrictions on parking there during your backcountry trip. There is also a shuttle that runs out to Crescent Meadow. I’d check with the NPS to get the real details, though.

https://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/parktransit.htm

As for resupply, I’m drawing a blank. According to GaiaGPS it’s only 16 miles between Kern Hot Spring and the Tyndall Ranger Station, but you are about as far away from a trailhead as you can get. What is the route you’re taking?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.