Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenger’s Forum I didn't quite make it…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    James K
    Participant

Well, I fell short of the Sept. 30 cutoff. I had a couple of injuries, work, and family matters to attend to so I didn’t get San Jacinto, San Bernardino, on San Gorgonio. I did manage to get in one peak that isn’t on the list as part of our family vacation: Lassen Peak.

I’d have loved to attend the party, but I’m going to be out of town visiting my folks and my brother that weekend. I’ll probably be out hiking with my brother on the day of the party!

If the weather holds out, I plan on getting the last three peaks before Thanksgiving. I’m planning a 2 day backpacking trip to get San Bernardino and San Gorgonio, and I’ll get a friend to do San Jacinto.

I’ll definitely signup for next year!

Good luck to everybody and good hiking!

Jim Kreuziger

Lorne C
    Participant

I’m with you! I didn’t get San Bernardino or San Gorgonio for various reasons. I will definitely be signing up again next year and with lessons learned this year will definitely get it next year. Ugh! Back up Wilson again (my least favorite)!

Marc M
    Participant

Same here. Couldn’t get Gorgonio in before 9/30 and I’m bummed about it. Next year though!

Would love to join at the finisher’s party, but this weekend I’m hiking the Trans Catalina Trail. Hope everybody has an enjoyable time!

-marc

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Hey guys, thanks for taking part in the challenge. Sometimes just fitting it into your schedule can be a challenge!

Sounds like you’ve had some great adventures, with more on the calendar (the Trans-Catalina Trail is awesome). Hopefully we can connect next year!

ISABEL
    Participant

Same here. Doing the last one (Gorgonio) this weekend. Still happy I get to finish the 6 pack this year. Good job everybody!

James K
    Participant

I’m back from visiting my folks and brother in eastern Washington. Spent some time hiking with my brother while I was there, so at least I got out and about.

I’m planning on a two day backpacking trip to hit both San Bernardino and San Gorgonio before the end of the month. Going to try and fit in a quick day trip to San Jacinto as well, so I at least get the six pack done this calendar year.

Philip Y
    Participant

Thumbs up! James

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.