Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Hiking to Summit of San Jacinto Peak via Deer Springs in Idyllwild.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Audra B
    Participant

I’m doing this hike approximately 18.5 miles round trip want to do it as a day hike. I have heard it takes approximately 12-14 hours. I’m not sure what the fitness level of the person quoting that time was and if they stopped at all or often, etc. Has anyone here done this hike and have some details you can share bout it? Thanks so much! Audra

Troy Kent
    Participant

Just did this hike as a quick 2-day backpacking trip this last weekend. We hiked the first 7-miles or so to the Little Round Valley camp on Saturday afternoon; we got a late 4:00PM start. Early the next morning we summit. Assuming you are doing this in one day, you are probably gonna hate the last set of switchbacks to the final junction; we were lucky enough to hit it Sunday with fresh legs! After making it to the summit, we hiked back down to our camp and collected our things to make our way back to the trail-head. The trial offers awesome views all the way up with an abundance of wildlife; we saw dozens of squirrels, lizards, exotic birds and even a few deer. Personally I would say, with rest, this trail can be done in a single day. Keep in mind, it does climb nearly a vertical mile, so it is a strenuous trail. Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.