Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenger’s Forum Hiking buddy for San Bernardino

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Hey everyone. Looking to do San Bernardino tomorrow (June 4th), but am looking for a hiking buddy.

Also, does anyone have any updates on trail conditions? Has the ice and snow cleared?

Thanks,
    James

April
    Participant

I wish I could join you but I have planned to do this later in the month. I have a question for you though, what trailhead did you put down on your permit application? I am trying to get one for later this month but I don’t see an Angelus Oaks trailhead option on it.

Carisa Hernandez
    Participant

You’ll need a permit to hike this. We’re planning to hit this one on the 17th. Happy hiking to you.

April
    Participant

Carisa, what trailhead did you select on your permit?

James
    Participant

Totally blanked on the permit, d’oh!

Though I did call and found out they have 3 available permits for day-of. May consider this if I can find anyone who wants to go.

And April, I think the one you want to select is the San Bernardino option.

Carisa Hernandez
    Participant

April, sorry for the late reply, had a long work day. I always print the form so I filled in Angelus Oaks for the trailhead. Hope your permit gets okayed!

Charles Chapman
    Participant

Does anyone have room on their permit for Saturday the 18th?

Carisa Hernandez
    Participant

I have an extra spot on Friday, June 17th. There is a group called the 3H hiking group who had a number of spots available a few days ago. They can be found on Facebook. Happy hiking to you!

Charles Chapman
    Participant

Thanks for the lead Carisa! Not a group hiker, but I’ll give it a try. Might be fun. Good luck today. Please provide a report with weather.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.