Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Hiking Baldy this Saturday, 04/15/2017

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Summer R
    Participant

My friend and I will be hiking Baldy this Saturday if anyone is interested in joining us! We plan to start on the trail around 7:30 am.

Jennifer R
    Participant

We are also hiking Baldy this Saturday 4/15. I am wondering about trail conditions. The most recent post I can find online says that there are no boot tracks past the ski hut. We would like some snow travel practice with or without crampons but I want to be smart about it and if the trail is too dangerous or requires too much in the way of mountaineering skills, we can wait for a later date. Any advice would be appreci

Summer R
    Participant

My friend had a friend that did it a couple of weeks ago and it was Ok. We are watching the weather conditions this week and are hoping for the best. We are bringing microspikes and poles. He is experienced in winter mountaineering and we will turn back if needed.

Jennifer R
    Participant

Summer R, are you doing the loop or going out and back?

Steve R
    Participant

How was the Hike/trail? Planning on doing it on the 29th

Summer R
    Participant

It was awesome! We went up baldy bowl/ski hut trail and down devils backbone. We used microspikes for maybe 30 minutes to an hour on the way up and didn’t need them at all on the way down. It was a beautiful day to hike it!

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.