Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Gear Wisdom Fundamental Light gear (Backpack,tent) (Help)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    andrew F
    Participant

Hello everyone. I hiked to the top of San Jacinto. Getting to the top was no problem, even with making my pack too heavy and being disorganized.

My sleeping bag was strapped to the back of it, and I was disorganized, made me have to stop a bunch of times to readjust. Mainly going down the mountain because of the speed, kept throwing my straps out of whack. I ended up leaving my tent up pretty high in the mountain because it weight 8 pounds, and I knew I wanted to get a lighter one, and it wasn’t worth it to me to have an extra hard time going down the mountain with heavy and uncomfortable gear. I would’ve liked to keep the tent (50 dollar tent at Big 5) for a car camping trip with my girlfriend…but no big deal.

I am looking for a way to be more organized. So fundamentally I need a good backpacking tent, for 5 day trips (going to go on one eventually). And a light tent that does not take up much space, but maybe I want it to fit 2 people in it.

I bought an apline sleeping bag which wasn’t that sleek, so maybe I will need to get a new bag too….

Where is an affordable place that I could get quality light gear?

Amy K
    Participant

Mountain Hardware Direkt tent, lightest 4 season tent on the market (for winter use) or Nemo Ultralight tent.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.