Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Cucamonga & Baldy in April?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Summer R
    Participant

I’m coming in from out of state and would like to hike Cucamonga Peak and Baldy on consecutive Saturdays. Looking for a group or someone else to go with! Anyone planning or want to do these two peaks in April?

ANNA S
    Participant

I’m willing and need to find other friends to join us! As of right now, I’m able to go April 1st (Sat) and April 29th (Sat). I know you wanted to do both consecutive, but I have my son the weekend of his b-day on April 7-9. How about March 25th (Sat) and April 1st?! 😉 I can do those two then.

Luis D
    Participant

Hello!!!! I’m up for it. Maybe baldy won’t have too much snow. As far as cucamonga peak I have never hiked it, but I’m definitely up for it. I also might have a few coworkers that would like to hike as well.

Summer R
    Participant

I just saw these replies! Apparently they were going to my junk folder. Anna – I have to do them consecutively because I’m only out there on work and it spans over two weekends. I was looking at April 8th and April 15th. I may have a couple people joining that have hiked both before. Luis – Do those dates work for you? I’m really looking forward to these hikes!!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

I just saw these replies! Apparently they were going to my junk folder.

There’s a fix for that! 😉

I wanted to chime in here to caution that Cucamonga Peak will very likely be unsafe to travel in April due to the snow levels. Mt Baldy I would keep an eye on. There will likely be snow there as well, but it gets much more traffic and there may be well-established tread. Even still, it may warrant winter mountaineering gear and knowledge to use it.

As it gets closer, check http://www.socalsnow.org/ for avalanche and snow conditions, and check our hike logs for those peaks for the most recent trail reports.

Summer R
    Participant

Thanks Jeff! Would any of the other peaks be better to do in April? I already did Mt. Wilson.

Let me know your thoughts. I’ll check the hike logs and link for snow conditions as well. Thanks for the links!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.