Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question can other peaks replace a few peaks?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nelly Santacruz
    Participant

I thought that I read somewhere that Mount Baden Powell could replace one of the peaks. I also just summitted mount whitney on september 17, 2015. Can that one qualify?

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Nelly,

The Six-Pack of Peaks is six, specific peaks. We did announce Baden-Powell as an alternate when wildfire closed down the San Gorgonio Wilderness (and access to two of the six peaks). Since then, access to both of those peaks has reopened, but for those who had hiked Baden-Powell, we’ll honor that as an alternate for either San Bernardino Peak or San Gorgonio.

Mt Whitney is of course bigger than ANY of the Six-Pack, but please understand that if we start to allow substitutions, then it becomes too difficult to manage. There are lots of peaks that are more difficult than the six we’ve included in the Six-Pack. I can’t qualify all of them, unfortunately.

There is some good news (hopefully). There will be a 2016 Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge. Registration will open in December, and your Six-Pack hikes between January and October 2016 will qualify.

If you have more specific concerns, feel free to contact me via email: [email protected]

And thanks for being part of the SoCal hiking community! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.