Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Anyone have permit for San Bernardino Sat., Aug 5th?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BGEObiz
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve mailed in permit app etc but it looks like they’re full. I just need to add on to someones permit Saturday, Aug 5th. for San Bernardino Peak Trail / Mill Creek. This will be my 4th peak.

Please let me know!

Thnx 😉

shuping y
    Participant

next time try to fax permit request. they will fax it back in one day, presumably you do it a few days before the hike. I have not tried the hike in the summer. I did mine on April 16. i got my permit back via fax on the same day. you can use efax and fax it from your computer if you don’t have access to a fax machine/printer. you will receive the fax back in email as well. check out my summit photo at @pingphotoisin on IG. good luck.

JOSE B
    Participant

I am going up San Bernardino with a group of hikers on Thursday August 3rd.; we have extra permits if interested

R W
    Participant

Jose pls see my post about the very aggressive mama rattler around mile 6-6.5 of the San Bernardino peak trail. I filed a ranger report as it was RIGHT next to the trail and coiled, hissing, spitting and rattling at us as we surprised it going around a turn. It appeared ready to strike, and my hike partner had to do a number of things to get it to retreat so we could race past.

Ranger and we think it was a pregnant mom protecting her nest. I reported it to ranger, and we didn’t see it descending (but a thunderstorm over San G was thundering away and we were booking down). But pls exercise extreme caution going around curves around again 6-6.5 mi up at 9000 or so ft, and if you can, check with ranger to see if anyone else reported the mom rattler was still there.

JOSE B
    Participant

Thanks for letting us know about Mama rattler, R.W.
    I will pass the info to others when we go there next Thursday.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.