We first looked at Cairn three years ago when they launched their monthly subscription box. Last year, they created the Obsidian Premium Collection – a quarterly subscription box with over $300 worth of gear.
One of the unique features of the premium edition is that it really is tailored to the subscriber. Boxes can include clothing items and gear that is specific to your interests, so you’ll be asked for details on your outdoor interests and size information.
We got the 2018 Spring Collection, and gave it a look. Here’s the unboxing.
What’s in this box?
- Gregory Optic 48 Backpack – a 48 liter lightweight pack that weighs in just over 1 pound.
- Craft Mind SS Wicking Tee
- Smartwool PhD Outdoor Socks
- Gobi Gear SegSac Compress – a water-resistant compression sack with four internal compartments.
- Adventure Medical Kit – lightweight and watertight first aid kit.
- Heather’s Choice Packaroons – These 2-ounce trail snacks from Alaska are awesome!
I’ll be using everything in this box, starting with tomorrow’s 15 mile day hike. And yeah, it still feels a bit like Christmas.
Get your Cairn Obsidian Collection here.