A big thank-you to all of the challengers and congratulations to those who finished our second annual Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge.
Together, you have logged over 2,500 hikes up the six peaks, hiked more than 32,000 miles and climbed nearly 11 million vertical feet! Best of all, you helped raise $10,000 for Big City Mountaineers–and awesome charity that helps underserved urban youth gain valuable life experience through epic outdoor adventures.
We had a big crowd join us at the Finisher’s Party at Oak Creek Golf Club in Irvine, where we saw a screening of The Muir Project’s latest short documentary NOATAK: Return to the Arctic, shared our next big adventure, and swapped tales from the trails over tacos and cerveza. Big City Mountaineers board member Ben Gipson was on hand to thank everyone for their support and shared the story of how young lives have been impacted by the program. And of course, we gave away a bunch of gear and other goodies.
The 2017 Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge By-the-Numbers
There are some pretty amazing stats from this year’s challenge, and we’ve shared an overview in this infographic. What really stands out from these numbers is that you Challengers are making an huge impact on the community. You are supporting a great cause and you’re inspiring everyone else you’re connected to on Facebook, Instagram and face-to-face. I’m inspired.
We had two big prize drawings at the Finishers’ Party. One open to all challengers and the other open to finishers only. We also had smaller drawings for those at the finishers party. Congratulations to all our winners!
Special thanks to the good folks at TETON Sports for providing some great gear for the drawings, including:
- Summit 1500 UltraLight Backpack
- Summit 2800 UltraLight Backpack
- Altos +20F down sleeping bag
- Oasis 1100 Hydration Backpack
Great equipment for the big adventures ahead!
Looking Back on 2016
It’s inspiring to look back at what this year’s challengers have done. Here are a few ways to reminisce:
- Check out the Finisher’s List. You can click on any name to view their profile, and leave a comment on their wall!
- Relive the Finisher’s Party via our photo gallery.
- See what big adventures are next for our finishers.
- Check out some of the over 7,000 #sixpackofpeaks photos shared in Instagram, and the albums on our Six-Pack of Peaks Facebook page. Be sure to like the page for updates.
- Get your stickers, patches, t-shirts, replica benchmarks and other swag to commemorate your challenge!
Registration for the 2017 Challenge
Registration for the 2017 Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge will begin on December 1st just in time for Christmas and your end-of-year goal planning. Early bird registration will give you a discount, so don’t delay!
Call for Sponsors
Next year’s challenge is gearing up to be bigger and better. If you run a company or know of one that would like to sponsor next year’s challenge and reach thousands of passionate, outdoor-minded people from all over Southern California, let us know! Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll show you how we can help.