Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Introductions Sam

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sam H
    Participant

Please allow me to express a non-hiking concern first. It is frustrating when we register for a site and we fill in everything and then submit it and then the site says we did it all wrong. I think the rules for things like user name and password should be in the page initially but like many other sites, this site does not tell us the rules for user name and password until after we did them wrong.

About a quarter century ago I wen hiking often. I developed asthma in 1986 or 1987. When I began to improve I began walking from my apartment to the Griffith Observatory. At first it was too much. When I was able to, I hiked the Gabrielino Trail along the Arroyo Seco and the Angeles Crest Highway, then other trails including Mount Lukens and Strawberry Peak then Mount Wilson and eventually Mount Baldy from the village. The weekend I first got to the top of Mount Baldy, a couple of days later I got most of the way up Mount Whitney. You can see more about my hikes in My Hiking.

Lately I have been working on getting back into shape. I have been going up the Dr. Mario A. DeCampos Trail (at the end of Neon Way) to Mission Point in Granada Hills. I took some pictures from the top a week ago and put some in Google Maps. I guess I can post a trail report for it. In Google Maps there is a Mission Peak and a Mission Point. Mission Point is the official name (I added a link to the Geonames database) and Mission Peak is the common name. The Mission Peak one is easy to find in Google Maps but it is currently positioned incorrectly. The Mission Point is positioned precisely but it does not show unless we search for it specifically. It is usually very frustrating to get Google and Google Maps volunteers to fix things like that. I am hoping to get in touch with people that are also concerned about things like that. There is something else in the Porter Ranch area that needs attention.

I have questions about other trails that I will post separately.

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Please allow me to express a non-hiking concern first. It is frustrating when we register for a site and we fill in everything and then submit it and then the site says we did it all wrong. I think the rules for things like user name and password should be in the page initially but like many other sites, this site does not tell us the rules for user name and password until after we did them wrong.

Thanks for the feedback, and welcome to SoCalHiker, Sam!

I’ll see what we can do to clarify the username/password requirements up front.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.