Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenger’s Forum Ready to log your hike up one of the Six-Pack peaks? Here's how.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Logging your hikes up one of the Six-Pack peaks is pretty easy. Just click the link below and fill-in the form.

Enter your Six-Pack of Peaks hike

You can add up to four photos from your hike, and you can also edit your hike in case you want to add to the story or upload a photo later.

Be sure to return here to enter each of your hikes on the Six-Pack of Peaks. Finish the Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge between December 25, 2015 and October 31, 2016 to be eligible for our grand prize gear giveaway.

You can see your logged hikes and those of your fellow challengers on the Wall of Fame.

James H
    Participant

January 15th I slogged my way through thigh deep snow to the top of Mt. Baldy. I tried on the 9th but turned back below Hellcat Bowl when I ran into a guy on snowshoes who said it was waist deep and blowing pretty good ahead. I came back the next week with crampons and an ice axe, but stuck close to the actual trail because I haven’t trained with them and wasn’t foolhardy enough to try to fake my way up the Bowl. It was a great hike. I love it every time I summit Mt. Baldy. At least in retrospect. When the discomfort fades from mind.

David V
    Participant

Hi Jeff. Once a hike is logged, is it automatically entered into the Wall Of Fame? I entered my last hike San Bernardino last night 5/20 but not showing up on the Wall. Do I need to enter this hike again? Thank you.

David V
    Participant

Jeff, when sorting by my name I could see the 5/20 San Bernardino logged hike. But when sorting by date, it does not appear. Any reason for this? Thank you.

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff. Once a hike is logged, is it automatically entered into the Wall Of Fame? I entered my last hike San Bernardino last night 5/20 but not showing up on the Wall. Do I need to enter this hike again? Thank you.

Yes, when you get the confirmation that your hike is logged, it’s automatically added to the Wall of Fame. The part that is not automatic (yet) is the addition of the badge on your profile. We currently add those badges after we review the log, which can be delayed by a week or so.

Jeff, when sorting by my name I could see the 5/20 San Bernardino logged hike. But when sorting by date, it does not appear. Any reason for this? Thank you.

And you have discovered one of the reasons my hair is graying! The reason for this has to do with caching. We use caching on the server to speed up pages so they load faster, but the downside is that you sometimes don’t see any recent changes (like your just-added hike).

As you discovered, if you sort using a different criteria, or do a search of the Wall of Fame, you’ll usually see your entry right away, mainly because it’s creating a new “version” of the page for you (i.e. “not cached”).

I’m looking at ways to improve this, but hopefully that explains why this happens.

Kalvin
    Participant

I also just entered 2 of my hikes from this month, but they have not come up. I will wait a couple days before following up again, im sure your last response kind of answers my question.

Can’t wait to slay the 4 other peaks in the next couple months!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

I also just entered 2 of my hikes from this month, but they have not come up. I will wait a couple days before following up again, im sure your last response kind of answers my question.

Can’t wait to slay the 4 other peaks in the next couple months!

Hey Kalvin! Just to let you know, as soon as you log your hikes, they will be in the database and are SEARCHABLE from the Wall of Fame. Use the search box on that page and look for your name, and you should see all of your logged hikes right away.

The badges are added manually after reviewing the hike logs.

Oh, and you’re first two hike logs were reviewed today. Congrats! Badges added. 😉

Harvey F
    Participant

Jeff, I logged on my San Bernardino hike but for some reason it got logged as a Cucamonga Peak hike even though I chose San Bernardino Peak from the pulldown menu. The entry and photos though make it clear that my third logged hike was San Benardino Peak not Cucamonga. Is there a way the entry can be corrected and the correct peak credited? Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.