Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Pre-Mt Wilson recs?

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tara.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tara
    Participant

Hi All! I usually do a 7(ish) mile hikes every weekend – Los Liones, Topanga to Eagle Rock, Westridge, etc. and did Mishe Mokwe to Sandstone Peak recently, but I’m not sure if I’m ready for Mt. Wilson. Should I just jump in and do it? Or does anyone have a pre-Mt. Wilson hike to recommend that would be more challenging than the ones I mentioned, but not quite as challenging as Mt. Wilson? Also, close to Los Angeles! 🙂
    Thank you!!

Sudhir
    Participant

I am curious too.. But I can give some pointers based on hikes I do in the bay area.

I normally do mission peak that gains 2300 elevation in 70 min

This was good for me when I did mt. Diablo which had a 13 mile roundtrip gaining aroundv 4000 elevation.

Planning to do mt. Wilson in weekend of apr 1-2.

Hoping for good weather.

Lissa Nicholas
    Participant

Tara have you tried hiking up to Inspiration Point? That’s about a 10 mile hike and I did that a couple of times before I jumped into doing Wilson.

Tara
    Participant

Hey Lissa! I have not been up to Inspiration point yet. Thanks so much for the recommendation! I’m going to brave Mt Wilson this Saturday anyhow, but I’ll definitely explore Inspiration Point soon. Always looking for awesome, challenging ones that aren’t quite so far away. I’m a Westsider 🙂
    Thanks!
    Tara

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.