Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Trails John Muir Trail Parking at VVR?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Gauthier
    Participant

Hello,

I am going to do the stretch of the JMT from Tuolumne Meadows to VVR in a little less than a week from now (hard to get away for 2-3 weeks). Ideally, I would like to leave a car at each end of the trail so we can just drive ourselves. Does anyone know if there is extended parking allowed at VVR? I know they have some sort of shuttle service but it sounds kind of hit or miss, not to mention expensive. Any insight into parking or ideas for transportation is MUCH appreciated.

Cheers,
    Michael

Christina Sanchez
    Participant

I am planning on doing the same thing in about 4 weeks. The info I got from VVR is saying that I am to take a bus back to YARTS in Fresno then a shuttle from Fresno to Tuolumne. Please share with me any info you get. My email is [email protected]

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

You should be able to park at one of the trailheads near VVR at no cost. See this Forest Service map:

Trailhead parking at VVR

Michael Gauthier
    Participant

Thanks a lot Jeff, that is really helpful! Also, for anyone else reading this, I was miraculously able to get ahold of someone at VVR and he said they offer parking at their facilities for $2/night. So it sounds like there are a couple of options.

Happy trails!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.