Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Campfire October 27th: Where did you hike this weekend?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Where did the trail take you this weekend?

Joan and I visited the iconic Vasquez Rocks and did a trek on the Pacific Crest Trail. One of my favorite moments? Hiking through the canyon near Hwy 14 and stopping to listen to the sounds of the birds flying. I can’t say I’ve ever heard a bird fly before, but we could hear each flap and swoop as they cut through the breeze above our heads.

Trail guide to follow, hopefully sometime this week.

Lindsey
    Participant

The boyfriend and I headed over to Joshua Tree National Park this weekend. It was truly spectacular and is really like no place I’ve ever seen (we kept comparing it to being on another planet, with all the Joshua Trees). However, we ended up only doing one night as opposed to two, because of very high winds that were predicted to worsen Monday night. Definitely worth the trip regardless, and am looking forward go returning!

Jeff, I have been wanting to make the trek to Vasquez Rocks ever since moving to SoCal, your trip reminds me that I need to make this happen!

(Random note: I made a trip report over at my blog if anyone is interested, there are some photos from Joshua Tree!)

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

The boyfriend and I headed over to Joshua Tree National Park this weekend. It was truly spectacular and is really like no place I’ve ever seen (we kept comparing it to being on another planet, with all the Joshua Trees). However, we ended up only doing one night as opposed to two, because of very high winds that were predicted to worsen Monday night. Definitely worth the trip regardless, and am looking forward go returning!

That sounds like a great weekend, Lindsey (even if it did end up being only one night). My wife has been to Joshua Tree numerous times, but I still haven’t been. Really need to rectify that.

Lindsey
    Participant

It was a great trip, and definitely worth checking out. It’s just a strange and unique environment and kind of like nothing else I’ve seen down here. Plus, it’s our local (sort of) National Park!

You’ve inspired me, I’m going to take a trek up to Vasquez rocks tomorrow and check that out 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.