Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question New To This

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Grayson G
    Participant

Hello everyone, I am looking into doing my first backpacking trip and can use any tips or suggestions. The main reason I’m on here to is find out more information on how to reserve or bid to do the San Jacinto peak loop trail for my first over night with a friend.
    Like I said any input anybody has im open to listening
    Thanks. Grayson Gastmeyer

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Hey Grayson! Welcome to SoCalHiker!

I’m not sure what “loop” you’re referring to up Mt San Jacinto. Most of the routes are an out-and-back. One of my favorite overnight options is taking the Palm Springs Aerial Tram up, then hiking to Round Valley to camp for the night. On the second day, wake up and summit San J and head back down.

Here’s my detailed guide to that route: https://socalhiker.net//hiking-mt-san-jacinto-via-the-palm-springs-aerial-tram/

When you read that, you’ll see a link to the permit application down near the bottom of the guide.

Note that wilderness permits are also required for day hikes up San Jacinto, but they are free and don’t need to be reserved in advance. For day hikes, you can stop at the ranger station in Long Valley and fill out a permit. It’s super easy.

Linda S
    Participant

Hello. I am trying to log my hike and keep getting a message saying I have to be registered, I am registerred, Please help.
    thank you,

Linda

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Hello. I am trying to log my hike and keep getting a message saying I have to be registered, I am registerred, Please help.

thank you,

Linda

Hi Linda! If you’re trying to log hikes for the 2018 challenge, you’re on the wrong site. You need to head over to our sister site, https://socialhiker.net — that’s where we are hosting all the hike logs this year (and future years, too).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.