Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Trails John Muir Trail NEED A PARTNER TO HIKE THE JMT IN 2017

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JOSE B
    Participant

Hello fellow hikers; my name is Jose; having accomplished the challenge of hiking the Six pack of Peaks this year has been motivating for me; It encouraged me to try longer trails. I did Mount Wihtney and also a five days 60 miles up on the sierra.
    My next personal challenge is to hike the JMT in 2017; My wife wont be able to hike with me, so I was wondering if there is someone out there also thinking of the JMT for next summer and does not have a partner to hike with.
    I want to follow more or less the three weeks plan described by Jeff on this website; I am fifty five years old, and takes me ten hours to complete Gorgonio so I am kind of a slow hiker.

Marvin W
    Participant

Jose

Are you still looking for a hiking partner for JMT in 2017? I am planning to go and would rather hike with someone than go solo. I am also a slow hiker but have done Whitney and was just in Nepal doing the Everest Base Camp hike. Let me know if you are still interested.

JOSE B
    Participant

Hey Marvin. Thanks for answering my request.
    when are you planning on doing the JMT?
    I will be applying for permits sometime during the second week of January planning on hiking first or second week of July. What city do you live on? Maybe we can hike together one of these weekends and talk more about it.

Marcos F
    Participant

How did it go for you at JMT JOSE

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.