Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Multi-day hikes in San Jacinto or Santa Rosa Mountains?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Got this inquiry from Craig via email:

I’m going to be visiting my mother in-law in palm desert. I want to take a good maybe multi-day hike somewhere in the Santa Rosa-San Jacinto mtns. any suggestions?

In the San Jacinto area there’s a great network of trails with some good campsites. It’s easy to turn into a nice multi-day loop. But it also depends on the time of year and weather. It is very cold right now, and often snowy.

Here’s a short overnight trip that included a hike to the summit San Jacinto Peak.

I’ll send out a tweet and see if anyone else has suggestions, but until then, maybe let me know if you’re looking for winter-conditions or coming up in the summer.

Patricia
    Participant

Taking the Devil’s Slide trail from Idyllwild to Caramba overlook is a nice overnight trip. (Permit required). Devil’s Slide quickly gains elevation. Caramba gives a nice view of Palm Springs. Monitor weather forecasts and be prepared for the possibility of snow this time of year. Just an FYI, a fire swept through the area in July 2013 started by lightning. I’m not sure how much the area has changed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.