Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Mt. Wilson Friday, March 31st

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Lissa Nicholas
    Participant

For those that like to plan ahead of time.. I am planning to hike up to Mt. Wilson on this day. Planning on going thru Chantry Flats and would like to check out Sturtevant Falls since the last time I went it was dry. If anyone is interested in joining me please keep me posted.

Elana S
    Participant

Do you live in the area? My husband and I want to hike it and we live in San Diego. Would love to maybe meet up. Let’s keep in touch! Have you hiked it before?

Lissa Nicholas
    Participant

Hi Elana… I am local (Covina) and I hiked Mt. Wilson last August. It was the hike that never ended lol. I have been told that its very green because of the recent rainfall and that the waterfall right now is a sight to see. I do believe there will be at least 2 other hikers with me that have also done Wilson before. I have the parking pass so you are more than welcome to carpool in with me. We can work out those details as the time gets closer.

Elana S
    Participant

That would be awesome! Neither my husband or I have done it before so it would be great to head out with some folks that have. Thanks and yes let’s keep in touch. 🙂

Teresa
    Participant

Count me in. I have not hiked this before, but read that the waterfall is beautiful.

beatriz
    Participant

Hi Lissa, will there be snow on Mt Wilson in late March?

Lissa Nicholas
    Participant

Perfect Teresa! As the date approaches I will be in touch with weather updates, meet up time, etc. Look forward to meeting you!

Lissa Nicholas
    Participant

Hi Beatriz.. There is always a chance of snow up there. I’ll be checking the weather and trail reports/conditions a few days before the hike so we can be prepared with the right shoes, equipment, etc. Worse case scenario we can reschedule but I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that.

beatriz
    Participant

Sounds great Lissa, count me in, I am with Teresa A and we will have 1 other hiker with us; Sabrina. This is our first time hiking Mt. Wilson. Thank you for the invite. Lets hope the weather is perfect for us.

Natalie C
    Participant

Hi All! I’ll be there as well,630 if anyone is planning that early. I think Tara from another thread here will be there also. I’ll be the one with the big straw hat 😉

Natalie C
    Participant

Ok scratch my previous post I completely neglected to observe the date you’re planning. I’ll be backpacking the 31st!

beatriz
    Participant

Lissa, are we still on for March 31? As far as you know?

Lissa Nicholas
    Participant

Hi Beatriz.. Yes! I am all set for that date. I hope the weather holds up! As the date gets closer I can confirm with you a meet-up place/time. I live in Covina so if you’re close we can also carpool in. I do have the parking pass. If there is anything you need to know please feel free to ask. I can also send you my number when we get closer.

Teresa
    Participant

Hi Lissa, so sorry won’t be able to make Mt. Wilson on 3/31. I’ll keep checking this site though and hope to catch you on the next one.

Lissa Nicholas
    Participant

Thanks Teresa… I’ll keep you posted on dates for the other 5 peaks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.