Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Loop of San Antonio, Harwood, Thunder, Telegraph, and Timber

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Phil R
    Participant

I know this would be a long day, but how long? Eyeballing it on Google Earth, I’m thinking 7000 vert, but what kind of distance?

I’ve never hiked this area, but I was thinking start the loop at the Old Baldy Trail, summit San Antonio, and then follow the ridge, bagging each peak, until I hit the trail that leads down through Icehouse Canyon. Then I’d just walk back down Mt. Baldy Rd. to my car at the Visitor Center.

Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Chris W
    Participant

Don’t know that this will be possible at present. THis is on the SummitPost Page for San Antonio…

“As of August 23, 2014 per ANF Mt. Baldy Ranger Station:

Bear Canyon (Old Baldy) Trail is CLOSED due to a washout from a early/mid-August monsoon. Washout reported by them to be at Bear Flats. Confirmed with ranger station again on September 20, 2014 prior to considering a Baldy 20-mile “Big Loop” trek – Bear Canyon trail is still CLOSED. Confirmed by them that it will remain CLOSED for the rest of this season. Will remain CLOSED until August 2015.”

Phil R
    Participant

Bummer, thanks for the info. Turns out I won’t be in that neck of the woods as planned, but I am definitely keeping this loop in mind.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.