Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenger’s Forum Logging a hike

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kelly C
    Participant

I can’t find where to log a hike anymore. I went to log a hike yesterday, but stopped because I was waiting for some pictures, and now I can’t find that page again. Am I missing something?

Dean D
    Participant

Kelly,

Congratulations, Which of the peaks did you knock out already? That’s curious, “log a hike” used to be a menu option under the “6 peaks challenge” tab. I’m looking and it’s currently not there. I’d keep an eye on the site every other day or so. Maybe that part of the site needed to be refreshed for 2017 Challenge.

Kelly C
    Participant

We did Mt. Wilson on the 1st. Trying to get off to a good start this time.

Dean D
    Participant

Good for you. That’s a great start! It was on my calendar this week, but yesterday there was rain in the forecast, and well today it’s raining. Seeing if I can get up there tomorrow. I still don’t see “log a hike” menu yet.

Yesenia M
    Participant

I’m also trying to log in a hike, but is seems like that option is not available. I’ll keep checking every day.

Dani W
    Participant

Has anyone figured out how/where to log hikes yet? I’ve combed the site and can’t find it for 2017 yet.

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Hey everyone! I want to give you a quick update on the hiking log. We are wrapping up testing on the new features and will have it ready by next Wednesday (knock on wood).

I’m really excited about the changes this year, as it makes sharing your hikes a MUCH better and more beautiful experience. On top of that, it makes it easy to share your hikes on Facebook or other social networks, AND easier for people to comment.

Thanks for being understanding and patient. I think you’ll like the end result.

Marissa A
    Participant

Thanks for the update Jeff! Can’t wait to see the new and improved system!

Dean D
    Participant

Should be awesome. Looking forward. Knocked out Wilson Today!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Okay, I know a few of you have already seen the new system, but the easiest way to get there is by going to the Six-Pack of Peaks menu at the top of this screen, and selecting Logged Hikes. This will show you all of the hikes currently logged, as well as provide a link to create a new hike log.

The new hike logs can be shared on Facebook or Twitter (or Google+, if you’re into that kind of thing) and they will automagically pickup a photo to display for super-easy sharing. And you can leave comments on other Challenger’s logs — asking questions, offering words of encouragement, etc.

And what you might not have noticed is that the badges are automatically applied to your profile when you submit your hike log. And lastly, there’s a new tab on the profiles that shows all the Six-Pack peaks you’ve logged in 2017. You can see this for anyone — just click their name and look for the hike log icon (it’s the last tab on the right).

Happy Trails!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.