Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Introductions Introduction: Cathy Y

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    catherine Yamzon
    Participant

Hello everyone: hiking and outdoor adventures have been my stress reliever, no meds can give you the “natural high” compare to what Mother Nature offers. I hike with my husband, Val, and we completed the 52hikechallenge2016 as a couple. This year we decided to complete the six pack of peaks together with my brother, Joe. Although, I hiked Mt. Baldy annually and last year I hiked Cucamonga peak and San Jacinto via Marion, I’m quite intimidated by San Bernardino and San Gorgonio.

Looking forward to meeting fellow hikers. Our first hike will be up to Mt. Wilson this Friday!

Happy trails all! Hope to meet some of you out on the trails.

Joseph
    Participant

Hi! I’m your brother and am new to this site. Wilson Friday sounds good!

Joe

Philip Y
    Participant

Hello Catherine and Joseph,

You’ve come to a great site. Lots of good information passed on by some experienced hikers and even by Jeff Hester (hehehe). Excellent weather updates and current condition reports for just about any trail you want to tackle. I completed the Six Pack of Peaks Challenge, as well as, the 52 Hike Challenge in 2016. I am doing both again this year. Only for the Six Pack of Peaks Challenge I plan to do each hike from a different trail then I did last year, with the exception of Mt Baldy. I will once again do the Climb for Heroes Fundraiser Hike. That is scheduled for the 21st of May (I think). You should consider this for Baldy. What an awesome experience hiking with friends and our disabled Vets.

I am doing the 52 Hike Challenge again this year (The Adventure Series). From what I have read from your post, you shouldn’t have any difficulty with Bernardino or Gorgonio. Not that they are easy, but it seems that you know what it takes to make it to the top (in reference to your hiking Baldy multiple times and San Jacinto via the Marion Mountain Trail).

Good luck on your hikes and I hope to see you all out on the trail. By the way, how was Wilson? I just did it from the Old Mt Wilson Trail on Jan 15th and I plan to do it again from the Bailey Canyon Trail with the Hike Beyond the Hills Group on Feb 18th.

catherine Yamzon
    Participant

Hi Philip: nice to meet you and thanks for the encouragement. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we were not able to hike Mt. Wilson as we planned. But we’re scheduled to hike it in March as we are preparing to do a run the end of this month. I heard of Climb for Hereos. Unfortunately, that date in May is my daughter’s graduation day, keep us posted if that date change, we would like to support a very good cause as we have both retired and active military personnel in our family.
    Also, let us know if you have a group doing Bernardino and Gorgonio later on this year. It will be our first time.

Happy trails!
    Cathy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.