Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Introductions Introduce Yourself: Melissa

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Melissa R
    Participant

Hello! My name is Melissa and I am a San Diego native. I left San Diego while in the Army for about 6 years and returned about 13 years ago to San Diego county. I am currently living in Escondido (North County Inland area of San Diego). I started hiking by taking up the 52 hike challenge just this past October 2016. I am completely hooked and want to try backpacking soon! I am very excited for this peak challenge. I just completed the 5 peak challenge that Mission Trails Regional Park has here in San Diego. I attempted the 5 peaks in one day and finished! Huge accomplishment for me!

As for my favorite hiking trail…I’ve only done a handful so I don’t have many to choose from yet. But from the ones I’ve done, I enjoy climbing Bernardo Mountain.

Cheers and Happy Trails!

Greetings Melissa and welcome to SoCalHiker! Escondido is a great area to live — one of our good hiking friends opened Burger Bench in old town Escondido last year. It’s our favorite stop when hiking down that way.

The 52 Hike Challenge is an awesome way to get outdoors more. Philip and Karla have done amazing things with their challenge.

The Six-Pack of Peaks is a great way to step it up. They are big, challenging hikes, so keeping hiking and conditioning and you’ll be ready them this spring.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.