Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Introductions Introduce yourself: Jessica R

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jessica R
    Participant

Hello! I’m a Chicago native and I’m sure you can guess why I moved out to California. Although I do sometimes miss the snowfall around Christmas time, but being surrounded by snow-covered mountains makes up for it. I moved out of Chicago about 4 years ago, spent some time hiking around the Seattle area for about a year, and then eventually settled here in San Bernardino near Devore.

My favorite hike, so far, is a hard one to beat when considering best views; it’s Clouds Rest in Yosemite Valley. The picture of this summit is the one on my wall so you can see why it’s my favorite :).

This is my first year as a six-pack peak challenger and I also joined the 52 hike challenge this year. I’m so happy to find a community that loves hiking the mountains as much as I do! I’m a bit shy on the trails and I hike solo most of the time, so feel free to approach me if our paths happen to cross. I’m looking to meet fellow hikers and hopefully make some friends along the way.

Good luck to all the 2017 six-pack peak challengers!!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Greetings, Jessica! One of the great things about hiking in Southern California is that you can enjoy it year-round. We love the 52 Hikes Challenge, too. A lot of the Six-Pack of Peaks Challengers do both.

Half Dome is exhilarating, isn’t it? The views!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.