Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Introductions Introduce Yourself: Gene V

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gene V
    Participant

Hello So-Cal Hikers!

I’m Gene from Placentia/Brea, Orange County. I’m a crazy husband and an even more crazier father to two boys. My oldest son Aaron is attending the Civil Engineering program at CSULA, while my youngest, Angelo, is a Junior in High School. My lovely wife Tricia is a paralegal/law office manager for a Family Law practice in Santa Ana, as for me, I do all the hiking…lol…

I’m fairly new to So-Cal Hiker but I’ve been hiking since 2004 in the Military, back when I only knew it as rucks and humps versus backpacks and hikes…lol…same, same, different carry weight, MUCH different…

My favorite So-Cal Hike is currently the Trans-Catalina Trail. It was a challenging, yet fun, 3 1/2 day hike from Renton Mine Road trailhead to Starlight Beach…one thing I wish were possible on the TCT is overnights at Starlight be permitted…I ended up hiking back to Parsons during the dusky hours which was the CAPPER to an otherwise wonderful day…overall I had a blast hiking the TCT, and would hike it again, but only port to port…I want to stay at Little Harbor next time, since I only got to stop there for lunch last year.

Now, I’m pretty stoked about the 2017 6-Pack of Peaks Challenge. And I cant wait to get back out on the trail.

Thanks for your consideration…

Very Respectfully,
    Gene V.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.