Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Inn-to-inn hiking trails in Southern California (or anywhere in the US)?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

I received this question via email, and I thought I’d share it here to see if the community had any suggestions.

Earlier this year, my wife and I walked the Camino Frances. It was a beautiful experience and we’ve decided to do more walking. We are in decent shape and had no problems with typical camino distances – 25-35 km. Thinking we’d like to talk a walk end of december. We’d prefer walking from lodging to lodging, as opposed to camping. Like the catalina island trail, but wondering if there are some form of lodging in the recommended stopping points. Or, are you aware of some other So Cal trail or path? This inquiry may be a little left of center. So, thanks for any insight. Karl

Personally, I’m not aware of any such trails in Southern California or anywhere in the US, for that matter. I know that it’s a popular form of hiking throughout much of Europe, and I hope to enjoy the experience sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Anyone have any knowledge or suggestions of inn-to-inn hiking here in the USA?

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Thanks to @JillianLaura for suggesting the Appalachian Mountain Club’s hut-to-hut networking in New Hampshire.

Here’s an interactive map of the network.

Looks pretty awesome!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.