Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Backpacking Ideas for 3-day hike over Memorial Day weekend?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Fred Wallingford
    Participant

I’m looking for good ideas for a three day hike in Southern California over Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully something not too crowded (unlikely, I know) and where the campsites are not too noisy. My wife and I are good hikers but we’re not looking for anything overly-rigorous. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Hey Fred! Welcome to SoCalHiker!

Memorial Day is always going to be a busy weekend — mainly because for many people it marks the beginning of the backpacking “season.”

Here are a few suggestions:

• Trans-Catalina Trail – It’s possible to do this over three days, though I’d recommend longer. But you could do a section of this beautiful trail.
    • Santa Cruz Trail – This trail is in the Santa Barbara backcountry of the Los Padres National Forest.
    • San Jacinto – This is one of my favorite areas for a weekend backpack trip. The route described here was a simple overnighter, but check the map and you’ll see it would be easy to string together a nice loop over several days.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas to get you started! Let me know if you have other questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.