Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Introductions Greetings all

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

My name is Robert. I live in pasadena, grew up in the San Gabriel valley and have done a few of these hikes and others but never as part of this challenge.

I only recently returned to hiking and am hooked once again. I am alway surprised by how remote I feel when in our ranges, but still so close.

I often make these hikes solo and continue to do so on occasion for introspective sake, but I am looking for some groups that might be open for another. Last hike I surprised everyone with icy cold beer at the summit, so that’s a plus.

Either way, I’m looking forward to checking these peaks off in the early months as I am not a fan of the heat.

Good luck to everyone out there- I’ll see you on the trails.

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Welcome to SoCalHiker, Robert!

Group hikes can be a lot of fun. Here are a few of the groups you might take a look at:

Looking for a group hike? This is a list of groups that organize hikes in and around Southern California.

Hike Beyond the Hills
    Based in Orange County. Led by Cecilia Lorthioir. Hiking the Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge.

Shoestring Adventures LA
    Based in Los Angeles. Led by Alyx Schwarz. Hiking the Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge.

Hiking OC
    Orange County based Meetup group. Has organized hikes on the Six-Pack of Peaks.

Santa Barbara County Hikers
    Santa Barbara area Meetup group led by Curt Cragg.

LA Trail Hikers
    Hiking with Friends
    Hiking for Health and Happiness
    Everyone’s Hike
    Lazy Ass Hiking
    Adventurer’s Unlimited
    Pasadena Hiking Pacers
    Hike with us Yorba Linda

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.