Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Day hike or overnight okay for the Six-Pack of Peaks?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shuping y
    Participant

I’d like to find out if you do any of the six pack of peaks as an overnight trip, does it count?

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Hi Shuping!

YES! You can hike the Six-Pack of Peaks any way you want. You can day hike them or do them as overnight trips. Personally, I’ve hiked four of them as overnight trips in the past, but all can be done as overnights.

You can also hike them from any trailhead.

Juanita
    Participant

I would like to do mt. Wilson hike as an overnighter…what do you recommend… as for as milage 1st day, which campsite to stay and how to get a campsite since they are fist come first serve? Thank you in advance

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

You need an Adventure Pass to park your car at Chantry Flats, and then it’s a 2.6 mile hike with ~1,000 feet vertical gain to Spruce Grove campground.

There are no reservations, but there are seven campsites and it’s pretty rare that they are full. Of course, the earlier you get there, the better.

I’m looking at doing exactly that in May. The creek is running so there is water (it needs to be filtered or treated) and they have pit toilets, fire rings, and picnic tables.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.