Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenger’s Forum Current Weather Conditions on the Six-Pack of Peaks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

The best weather links I’ve found for the peaks comes from Mountain-Forecast.com. It should be noted that weather conditions and trail conditions are two entirely different things. The best info on trail conditions comes from “boots on the ground;” people who have hiked the trail in recent days. Just because it hasn’t rained or snowed recently, doesn’t mean the trails are safe, as this year’s rescue count attests!

Still, it’s useful to know what the weather is going to be like, so consider this one part of your planning equation. Click the link to view the forecast at the summit for each of the peaks.

Happy Trails!

Trini
    Participant

Can anyone give some direction on the peak that might be the easiest to maneuver around this weekend 04/24, without needing crampons or shoes spikes? I live in the Central Valley North of Bakersfield, CA and I am ready to conquer my second peak. I have already completed Mt. Wilson. I’m a little leery after hearing and reading of all the tragedies that have occurred on some of the trails. Any suggestions?

Joseph
    Participant

We’re heading up San Bernardino and hoping for the best.

laura g
    Participant

Anyone know what the trail conditions are like on Cucamonga Peak? I heard there might still be snow.
    Thanks!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Anyone know what the trail conditions are like on Cucamonga Peak? I heard there might still be snow.
    Thanks!

Yes, there is still snow for about the last 1,000 feet of vertical.

You can get some great beta on current conditions by checking out the latest hikes logged on Cucamonga: https://socalhiker.net//hike-logs/?mountain=cucamonga-peak

The date shown on the log is the date of the hike. 😉

R W
    Participant

All the mtns are now void of snow that would impact hiking the usual 6 pack trails. I did San Jacinto 2 weeks ago and can verify trail was clear and dry; friend did San Gorgonio same day and had same report. I also can say the same via a friend about Baldy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.