Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Cucamonga plus anyone? (C, SB, SJ or SG)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Vickie G
    Participant

Anyone/group have a somewhat flexible schedule and still trying to finish the Six Pack, or have room for one more? I have 13 hiking days off from now through 9/30. Unfortunately, my days conflict with recent “I’m Going Postings”.

I Still need Cuca, San Bern, San Jacinto and San Gorg. At this date, I would like to finish any of them. Would prefer not to traverse the trails alone. My days available are 8/26-30, 9/4, 9/9, 9/14, 9/16-19 and 9/30. I’m a medium speed hiker, and prefer to start 0530-0600 ish, or earlier as necessary.

Trying for Cucamonga in the first stretch of days above.
    Please let me know if anything works.
    Many thanks, and happy hiking to you all.

Vickie

Audra B
    Participant

Hi Vicki…..what do you think of doing SB this Monday?
    My pace: Wilson- 5:20 and Baldy: 5:15.

Vickie G
    Participant

Hi Audra,
    Sounds good, but if that’s your round trip pace, you will leave me in the dust!

I just sent a permit request for SB for 9/4. Do you have a permit, otherwise we can consider changing hike date or my requested permit date.
    Vickie

Philip Y
    Participant

Vickie, We are hiking San Jacinto on Saturday from the Marion Mountain Trail. If you are interested I can ask the organizers of the hike to include you.

Vickie G
    Participant

Hi Phillip. What time would you all be starting up the trail? I would need to make sure I can get there on time. I would be coming from MDR. That sounds great though.

Philip Y
    Participant

Vickie, we are meeting at the Idyllwild Ranger Station at 0530. Then driving to the Marion Mountain trailhead. About 20 minute drive. We should step off by 0630.

Audra B
    Participant

Hi Vicki,
    I just checked the website and the Monday day hike permit is still available. I called the Ranger station and Ranger said we could pick up a day pass Monday but this means we would have to start at like 8:00 which I am fine doing but I see you want to start as early as possible. Plus looks like you are doing San Jacinto tomorrow……AWESOME HIKE!!!!! SO probably not going to work out for Monday. I understood your message to mean you are a medium (level) “speed hiker” So i was like oh, she’s a speed hiker too! I run parts of the trail, so I’m a speed hiker as well! 🙂

Happy Hiking! Enjoy San Jacinto tomorrow! It’s amazing!

beatriz
    Participant

Hi Vicki,

My group is hiking San G on 09/1, i noticed you didn’t list this date originally but if you’re interested, we have room for you.

B

Vickie G
    Participant

Phillip,
    Thanks for the invite and the awesome trip up San Jancinto.
    VG

Vickie G
    Participant

Beatriz,
    Thanks so much! I would love to, but 9/1 is in the middle of several night shifts I work.
    Darn.

I did get my permit for San Bern for 9/4, if anybody is interested or still needs for their 6 pack.

Still also trying for Cucamonga and San G before the end of the month that fit the above dates.

Audra B
    Participant

Hi Beatriz,

What time are you starting San G? Do you still have room? Audra

beatriz
    Participant

Hi Audra. I believe we decided to start on the trail by 0600. We are not anywhere as fast as you are. But we do have a friend that may join us that hikes at a much faster pace so you both could team up and we can meet up for breaks along the way :>
    You are more than welcome. We still have space.

veronika v
    Participant

Hi Vickie,

I need to finish the same peaks.
    I have 3 days off this coming weekend labor day and consider cucamonga or Mt Jacinto.
    I can do 9/4, 9/9, and 9/6. We could plan some climbs.

Cheers,
    Nika

Vickie G
    Participant

Hey Nika,
    Awesome that some of our days match up.
    I have a permit for San Bern on 9/4. Want to go??? I don’t have any takers yet.
    We could then try for Couca on 9/9.
    I just did San J this past Saturday via Marion Mtn. Very nice hike.

I’m trying to put together an overnight to San G via South Fork later in the month, unless some other opportunities are posted to go up Vivian Creek. Just put in for the permits on SF trail. I think Phillip Y did some recon on the South Fork trail recently, and I wanted to follow-up with him on conditions after the fire.
    Let me know what you think.
    Cheers,
    Vickie

Vickie G
    Participant

Hi Nika,
    Can you please try to msg me again. Somehow I accidentally blocked/unblocked you in email mode when trying to read the msg on my cell. All msgs were lost. If that doesn’t work, can you try me thru the Facebook logo on my profile page. Thanks girl. Vickie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.