Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Trail Reports Cucamonga – 7/10/17

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    R W
    Participant

Many new little trails have been formed this winter, especially near the peak. A person told me lots of people came during the snow and trekked all over.

There is a portion on the Peak trail going up around the mountain before Cucamonga where you have to turn a couple corners and the trail gets pretty narrow. We were glad we brought our poles and were mindful in our footsteps.

This trail has a lot of rocks; most were stable. Be sure to check a rock or boulder for stability before stepping on it.

The trail also involves a small, shallow stream crossing. Can mostly cross on rock, but our waterproof boots helped too.

Cucamonga can be hot, even though there are trees for shade throughout the hike. Be sure to bring at least 4-5L of water during the summer.

Nichole
    Participant

Thanks for the update! I am hiking it this weekend. What was the permit situation? I am reading that you can get them at the trailhead self serve, but I am also reading that you need to call ahead and have them post the permit? I tried to call the ranger but they are closed except saturday and sunday and dont open until after we are planning to start the trek

R W
    Participant

The permits are in a box a little ways up from the start of the Icehouse trail. When we went there were a pencil and pen in the box too, but bring your own.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.