Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Campfire Climb for Heroes 2017

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

I’m super stoked to announce that I will hiking with Team SoCalHiker for this year’s Climb for Heroes on Sunday, May 21st!

If you’d like to join our team, go here and click REGISTER TO CLIMB.

This is a charity hike that supports The Heroes Project. There is no “cost” to register, but The Heroes Project requires that you raise a minimum of $100 to participate.

We are going to be ordering t-shirts for #TeamSoCalHiker this year, but to allow us time to have the shirts made, you’ll need to hit that fundraising minimum by April 21. That gives us a few weeks to finalize sizes, put in our order and get it back so you can WEAR IT on the day of the hike.

Looking forward to hiking with you!

Cecil
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for this opportunity.

I’m a new hiker who took the courage to take on the 6-pack of peaks challenge and just finished Mt. Wilson this past weekend. (It is a milestone!) I just also registered for this climb and started fundraising (????????). It’ll be my first time to hike Mt. Baldy. Can you please let me know where Team SoCalHiker will begin the hike?

Thanks again!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

That’s awesome, Cecil! Congrats on your first peak!

We will meet on the left side of the starting area. You’ll have to pass through registration, where the folks at The Heroes Project check their list to make sure you’ve met the $100 fundraising minimum. Once you get into the “registered” area there will be a number of booths setup with breakfast, coffee, and other goodies. We will try to meet to the left of the main starting area and hope to have a banner to help you find us.

And you can look for the folks in these t-shirts:

Team-SoCalHiker-Climb-for-Heroes-Tee

Attachments:
    Cecil
    Participant

Great! Thanks for your prompt response. I have to start training for it. See you there!

beatriz
    Participant

Hi Jeff,
    MY friend and I are both planning to join you for this hike. We arent sure how to raise the cash, do you have a form we print to show citizens what the $ is for, what the organization does? We are ready to start helping our Brave Heroes! 🙂

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Hi Beatriz!

To join the hike, start by going here to register: https://www.crowdrise.com/Team-SoCal-Hiker

Most people fundraise online. The Crowdrise website will give you links to share your fundraiser via Facebook, Twitter or email. They can accept donations by check, but I’m not sure how that works. I think you’ll find the answers on the Crowdrise site for the Climb for Heroes, but I’ll see what I can find out.

As for some sort of printed material, I’m not aware of any, but you can learn more about The Heroes Project from their website: http://theheroesproject.org

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.