Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Ask a Question Anybody doing Mt. Wilson on 2/11?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Vickie G
    Participant

Hi Fellow Hikers,
    I’m planning on doing Mt. Wilson on Saturday, 2/11. Arriving at parking lot of Chantry Flats by 0600-15 or so. Would love to join any other 6-packers. Hoping for good weather. Let me know. Thanks.

Julia
    Participant

I want to do that one!

Vickie G
    Participant

Hope to see you up there Julia. Let me know if you plan to do it this Saturday. The weather looks promising, thus far.

Audra B
    Participant

Hi Vickie,

I’m going to register to do the Peak Challenge and for this particular hike, I’d like a hiking buddy as the amount of reviews I read mentioning Bears is alarming. I’ll be bringing Bear Spray, but a buddy would be great too. Not able to do it this weekend, I’m in San Diego, so I’ll need to plan ahead. If you decide to do it again, would love the company, so I’ll post again when I have a date picked, maybe you can join. I’ve heard it’s a great hike, but seems nobody knows exactly how far they are hiking, people post between 12 miles and 16. Would you mind posting your distance after your hike Saturday?

Have an Awesome Hike!
    Audra

Vickie G
    Participant

Hi Audra,
    I’ll let you know how it goes. I’ve hiked the lower trails and have never encountered bears. It’s always good to be cautious though. Let’s try to connect for sure. There are still 5 more peaks to go!!

JOSE B
    Participant

Hello Vickie, Saturday 11th, I will be on Chantry Flats with a hiker’s group called “Hiking for Health and Happiness”; We will meet at parking lot at 06:00am; It would be a pleasure if you could join us.

Gerald
    Participant

HI Vickie, My buddy Steve and I did Mt. Wilson on 1/28. For us it was 14 miles 7 1/2 hours. Lots of people on the trail and thins out the further you go. Snow around 4,000′ but not enough to put spikes on. Enjoy the hike – it was a fun loop…

Mt-Wilson-Loop

Attachments:
    Jaime
    Participant

Yes, me and a friend will be hiking it tomorrow morning and plan to arrive at Chantry Flats around 6:00 a.m. Hope to see you there!

Vickie G
    Participant

Ok, thanks Jamie. Hopefully it won’t rain the entire day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.