Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenger’s Forum Any openings on your permit for San Gorgonio, Oct 29-30?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lora W
    Participant

My friends and I were unable to get permits for the weekend of Oct 29/30. There are 3 of us and either date would work. We’re looking to fill in other folks permits if you happen to have space. Thanks for the consideration!

Charles Chapman
    Participant

From what I understand a walk up permit should be fairly simple to obtain.

Charles Chapman
    Participant

But you have to get there early.

It may be tough finding room for three people on an existing permit. I know someone in the FB SoCal Hikers group is hiking Gorgonio on the 29th: https://www.facebook.com/events/572321149622741/

Anders
    Participant

When I recently inquired about walk-up hikes for San Gorgonio, it sounded like they typically had between 3-5 available as walk up permits, so you need to get there real early

Lora W
    Participant

Thanks all. I guess a walk up is better than nothing… its such a long hike we were hoping, obviously, to get started before sunrise (I have bad knees and am super slow on the descents) but I suppose we could just hike out with headlamps if we needed to.

Jim
    Participant

My permit is for 21-22 Oct, sorry.

MIGUEL S
    Participant

I took last Friday 21 Oct off from work to hike San Gorgonio because no permits were available for weekends until late November. Just make sure you have a permit, i talked to a ranger on Vivian Creek Trail and he said it’s a $4000 fine if you get caught hiking without a permit. Just two weeks before at San Bernardino Peak Trail another ranger told me it’s a $700 fine for not having a permit. Not sure why the fine is so different from one trail to the other if both trail are in the San Bernardino Wilderness.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.