Search
Close this search box.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenger’s Forum Any Challengers having trouble logging their hikes?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

The GOOD news — I’ve seen a LOT of hike logs being added to the Wall of Fame. It’s great to see so many of you bagging these peaks — and FINISHING!

The BAD news? I’ve had a couple of reports from challengers who have been unable to log their hikes. Usually this boils down to not being logged in, or logging in using a different username than you registered with.

It doesn’t appear to be a widespread problem, but if this applies to you also, please let me know so I can help troubleshoot and get your hikes logged properly.

Happy Trails!

-Jeff

Elizabeth Luna
    Participant

I just registered literally do I have to wait a while for it to work for me? I keep clicking on the link but it goes no where.

Stephanie
    Participant

Yes, I’ve been unable to log hikes for the last month or so. I am logged in, but when I click on the “log your hike” link it appears to start loading then just goes back to the same page. Have tried multiple times, have logged out and back in, not sure what else to try.

Christina Hinojosa
    Participant

Hi Jeff,
    Trying to log in some hikes. When I click on “Use This Form To Log Hikes” it doesn’t do anything, it looks like it refreshes and that’s it.

Thank You,
    Christina Hinojosa

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Christina, make sure you log out and then login using the username you registered with: jjachinojosa. That should do it.

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Elizabeth, as soon as you register you should be able to log hikes. Give it a try.

EVERYONE: I’m seeing a LOT of hiking logs getting posted, so thankfully it’s working for most. If you’re not one of this lucky group, please try clearing your browser cache. That usually does the trick.

Stephanie (and anyone else having the problem), if you still can’t post your hike logs after clearing your cache, just email it to me at [email protected] or post it here with the following details:

Your name, the peak hiked, date of hike, trailhead used, and any notes and photos from your hike.

Don’t worry — you’re hikes will count, and I promise this will get better for 2016!

Christina Hinojosa
    Participant

Jeff
    I received your email and was able to login successfully but still unable to log my hikes

Thank you,
    Christina

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

Jeff
    I received your email and was able to login successfully but still unable to log my hikes

Thank you,
    Christina

Okay, Christina — go ahead and email any logs you need added directly to me at [email protected] — probably the easiest workaround for now.

CeCe Lorthioir
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Me again ?…having problem logging in my #4 hike. I’m logged in but when I click on the page to enter my hike, I get the “Whoops” page. Please advise.

Thank you!
    CeCe Lorthioir
    cece12

Ruben B
    Participant

I’m also having trouble logging my hike..

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

if you still can’t post your hike logs after clearing your cache, just email it to me at [email protected] or post it here with the following details:

Your name, the peak hiked, date of hike, trailhead used, and any notes and photos from your hike.

if you still can’t post your hike logs after clearing your cache, just email it to me at [email protected] or post it here with the following details:

CeCe and Ruben —

If you can’t post your hike logs after clearing your cache, just email them to me at [email protected] or post it here with the following details:

I’ll make sure they get logged.

CeCe Lorthioir
    Participant

Thank you, Jeff. I was able to log in my hike without issues this time.

Marissa A
    Participant

I too was having trouble with logging my recent Mt. Wilson hike; however, after clearing my cache it went through and logged without any further issues. Does logging our hikes also earn us our “badges”? Thank you!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster

I too was having trouble with logging my recent Mt. Wilson hike; however, after clearing my cache it went through and logged without any further issues. Does logging our hikes also earn us our “badges”? Thank you!

Marissa, I noticed you logged your Mt Wilson hike twice (I have since deleted the second one). The Wall of Fame is currently “cached” to help speed up performance, but this means that you don’t always see your new hike logs immediately. If you do a search on your name using the search form on the Wall of Fame, it should show all your entries. That’s what I would suggest.

As for the badges, your profile now shows your Mt Wilson badge (way to go!). The badges are not automatic; they get added once we’ve had a chance to review your hike logs. Sometimes this can take a few days depending on when you log your hike, how many people logged hikes, and whether I’m up in the mountains hiking myself. 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.